You’d think that finding time to do yoga would be easy – but somehow flaking out on Netflix for hours on end can take priority – which is maddening. I know what I should be doing, but I am not doing it. WHY AM I NOT DOING IT?

I remember as I was co-facilitating a parenting program during my CYC practicum, self care was a topic. Part of the topic was about if the thing you want to do as part of the self care practice ends up being another item on one’s ‘TO-DO list’, then is it self care or a task? I get a little hung up on that fine line. And I also start thinking about the ‘Stages of Change’ and my perpetually being in the pre-contemplation stage – I know what I needs/want to do, but that’s about as far as I get. Sometimes I dip into contemplation – for instance I want to start running again, I have bought the runners, recently bought a watch for timed runs and signed up for a running website. Have not gone for a run yet (it also snowed this weekend, so the universe blocked me…). Will I, won’t I – time will tell. I am hoping once I actually start running I will feel motivated to continue.

What I would like to focus on this week is a stretching routine – doesn’t have to be yoga, but stretching because I am one tight mother. So, that’s my goal – I will let you know how that went this week (and with it being reading break – you would think that should free up the time to do some stretching, we’ll see).