I have been lucky enough to be able to get away one weekend during the pandemic and visit the Kingfisher Resort. My long-time friend works for a hotel in Victoria and swung a trade-deal with them, so free stay for us – woot! woot!

What wasn’t free was the hydro-therapy spa treatment. I had other friends (all female) who were excited for me and urged me to do it (….’it’s AMAZING!’). So with curiosity I said yes.

Was it AMAZING? For my friend this was her 3rd visit, she loves water, loves swimming, ocean-side vacations – this is her jam. Me? It felt like work…moving from pool to pool, getting beaten by waterfalls – one was a freaking ‘glacial’ waterfall. Then there was the walking through a hot pool, then a cold pool, hot pool, cold pool (it got easier after initial shock – which was also after the freaking ‘glacial’ waterfall, so anything was easy after that). Mostly it was floating, walking, or sitting in water – expensive water, and lots of it. Not a small environmental footprint here.

So, would I do it again? Go away with my friend? Absolutely! Do hydro-therapy? Meh, not likely. Am I happy I did it? Sure – new experiences to grow and learn are always good. I realized I’m more of a face down and get a massage, get my fingers and toes professionally done, or a facial type of person. So, should there every be a next time to indulge in a self-care get-away I’ll be booking those services and coming out feeling like the million bucks it cost!